Water Future Shifts Project
Two weeks ago, I shared the first write-up in the futures thinking blog series related to the online certified course ‘ ‘Life After COVID-19: Get Ready for our Post-Pandemic Future‘ I dived deep in May 2021. So here’s time to share the second production we did with the nudge and guided words from IFTF to ‘Flip 3 facts for the future’.
The future of water
3 Facts True about the Topic Today
- Water makes life possible on Earth.
- 30-40% of the world has water scarcity.
- The ocean is blue.
Flipping 3 Facts For the Future
- 10 years from now, life on Earth is possible thanks to discovering an alternative to water on Venus: the supercritical carbon dioxide, which can act as a better solvent than water.
- 30 years from now, the world has water scarcity near zero due to scientific breakthroughs related to reusing human waste, especially urine, as a water source. For example, solar-powered machines separate urine into drinking water and salt minerals used in fertilizers.
- 100 years from now, the oceans are green as the phytoplankton massively increases and is detectable to the eye.